I couldn’t sleep yesterday and woke up wired this morning. I was up at 4:24am then I went back to sleep and woke up again at 6am to find an email with my flight itinerary. I’m leaving in one week to teach at EF, or English First, in Beijing for one year. I’m so excited!
Of the nine months I’ve been in Washington, D.C., I have had so many interesting things happen. I’ve learned a lot and gained a lot of perspective. I’ve dealt with some of the rudest people and some of the nicest. Honestly though, I can’t be happier with how it all turned out. I’m thankful for all that I’ve gone through. Life is some kind of journey, and very soon I’ll start another.
What I did today, other than going to work:
1. I called Verizon to cancel my cell service.
2. I got a yogurt shake with my friend Sabrina and Senor Paco (Sabrina’s pup) for a little while before she was called to go into work.
3. I went to the Giant. There, I bought kitchen trash bags for the house, and lime juice for my mom.
4. I cleaned my bathtub and dusted my room, because I was severely bored. Cleaning, it helps!
5. I sorted jewelry and then I got tired. And that’s when I started to finish this blog post.
I leave D.C. in SEVEN days! Let the countdown begin!